Thursday 22nd September 2016
Blackfriars Priory, Gloucester GL1 2HN
~This page is currently being developed post-Forum…. but for now, please see all of our speaker’s presentations below!~
A huge thank you to all of those who presented, chaired, participated and attendeded our 11th annual Severn Estuary Forum – we hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Thanks again to the support from our sponsors this year – the British Marine Aggregate Producers Association and Cardiff University!
Planning & Governance
Chaired by: John Harrison, Severn Estuary Partnership
- Key note: Sue Kidd, University of Liverpool – Cross-border Marine Planning in the North West – Challenges and Opportunities
- Lucy Taylor, Severn Estuary Partnership – Launch of the Severn Estuary Strategy!
- Libby Ross, Devon & Severn IFCA – Chinese Whispers – Misconceptions and Myths Mask True Progress in MPA & Inshore Fisheries Management
- Neal Gray, Marine Management Organisation – Stakeholder Engagement for Marine Planning in the South West
Coastal Communities & the Historic Environment
Chaired by: Ian Jones, Environment Agency
- Tony Bostock, Severn Rivers Trust – The Severn in Trust
- Rose Hewlett, Advance the Line – Local Monitoring: A Valuable Yet Underused Resource
- Alex Bellisario, Coastal and Intertidal Zone Archaeological Network (CITiZAN) – CITiZAN in the Severn
- Harriet Yates-Smith, Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset – The Power of People – Communities Working Together for Cleaner Beaches and Seas
Transport & Infrastructure
Chaired by: John Buttivant, Environment Agency
- Key note: Professor Rob Duck, Chair of Tay Estuary Forum – On the Edge – Coastlines of Britain
- Claire Sweeney, Network Rail – Delivering Sustainable Network Rail Improvement Schemes for the Benefit of Severn Estuary Stakeholders
- Wendy Jackson, Lydney Coastal Communities Team – Destination Lydney – The Redevelopment of Lydney Harbour
To view the speaker biographies and presentations, click here.
To view pictures of the event, click here.
The event was supported by CIWEM (The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), ICE (Insitution of Civil Engineers) and RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) and was be a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) event for members of both of these professional bodies.