A Sustainable Severn Estuary
Thursday the 17th October 2013
Gloucester Guildhall, 23 Eastgate St, Gloucester, GL1 1NS
The Severn Estuary Forum is a key annual event in its eighth year and hosted by the Severn Estuary Partnership: an independent, estuary-wide initiative, involving all those interested in the management of the estuary, from planners to port authorities, fishermen to farmers.
This year’s succesful forum was opened by the Lord Mayor of Gloucester and supported by CIWEM. It focussed on a number of diverse topics, including the upper estuary; renewable energy possibilities; a review of the Severn Estuary Flood Risk Management Strategy; an overview of the operations and maintenance of the Severn River Crossings; Local Enterprise Partnerships; The Bristol Deep Sea Container Terminal; proposals for a Severnside Airport and Fisheries amongst others.
These engaging and exciting events are intended for all interested in learning about the latest research and policy developments dealing with the Severn Estuary and its future, and always guarantee a lively and informative day of presentations and talks. They offer a unique opportunity to learn from others, share ideas and participate in the management of the Severn Estuary.
Severn Estuary Forum 2013 PowerPoint Presentations
The Upper Estuary
- A Sustainable Severn Estuary – Brian Shipman, UNEP
- Partnership Working, from a Grass Roots Perspective – Rose Hewlett
- Fish in the Severn Estuary – Richard Seaby, Pisces Conservation
- Severn Estuary Flood Risk Management Strategy Consultation – Graham Quarrier, Environmental Agency
- Renewable Energy in the Severn Estuary – Johnny Gowdy, Regen SW
- Finding Consensus and Win-Win Solutions: The Bristol Deep Sea Container Terminal – Jerry Stanford, The Bristol Port Company
- Severnside Airport – John Borkowski, MSP Solutions
- SevernNet: Sustainability, Community and Enterprise – Kate Royston, SevernNet
- Introduction to LIFE N2K and IPENS LIFE+ Programmes: delivering improvements for the Severn Estuary Natura 2000 site – Jennifer Kelly, Natural Resources Wales
- Avonmouth/Severnside: Progressing the Outline Development Strategy for the Enterprise Area – Ian Steele, Avonmouth Severnside Economic Development Project
- The Severn Estuary Partnership Dr. Rhoda Ballinger, Cardiff University
For photos of this event, follow this link: Severn Estuary Forum 2013 Flickr Group
For details on what happened at the previous year’s forum, photos of the event and copies of the presentations – follow this link: Severn Estuary Forum 2012