Thursday 22nd September 2016
Blackfriars Priory, Gloucester GL1 2HN
CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR TICKETS
The Severn Estuary Forum is a key annual event in its 11th year and hosted by the Severn Estuary Partnership: an independent, estuary-wide initiative, involving all those interested in the management of the estuary, from planners to port authorities, fishermen to farmers.
Themes, likely presentation topics and confirmed speakers include:
Planning & Governance
- Key note: Sue Kidd, University of Liverpool – Cross-border marine planning in the North West
- Lucy Taylor, Severn Estuary Partnership – Launch of the Severn Estuary Strategy
- Sarah Clark, Devon & Severn IFCA – MPA Myth Busting in the Severn Estuary
- Neal Gray, Marine Management Organisation – Stakeholder Engagement & Marine Planning in the South West
Coastal Communities & the Historic Environment
Chaired by: Ian Jones, Environment Agency
- Tony Bostock, Severn Rivers Trust
- Rose Hewlett, Advance the Line – Local Monitoring: A Valuable Yet Underused Resource
- Alex Bellisario, Coastal and Intertidal Zone Archaeological Network (CITiZAN) – CITiZAN in the Severn
- Harriet Yates-Smith, Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset – The Power of People – Communities Working Together for Cleaner Beaches and Seas
Transport & Infrastructure
- Key note: Professor Rob Duck, Chair of Tay Estuary Forum – On the Edge: Coastlines of Britain
- John Newland, Network Rail & Chris Stratton, Environment Agency – Challenges of Working Alongside the Severn Estuary
- Wendy Jackson, Lydney Coastal Communities Team – – Destination Lydney – The Redevelopment of Lydney Harbour
Each theme will have a session chair, key speakers and a Q & A opportunity.
SEP Member Tickets – £55
Non-SEP Member Tickets – £55
Student Tickets – £30
Please bookmark this page for news on themes and speakers. Monthly updates will be provided within SEP E-news- email Severn@Cardiff.ac.uk if you would like to be added to the distribution list.
For further details on what happened at the 2015 Forum, photos of the event and copies of the presentations – follow this link: Severn Estuary Forum 2015
The event is supported by CIWEM (The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), ICE (Insitution of Civil Engineers) and RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) and will be a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) event for members of both of these professional bodies.
There will also be an opportunity at the Forum for displays from any organisation with an interest in the Severn Estuary. Display areas can be provided for any organisation or group wishing to promote their activities. There are also a large array of sponsorship packages available – if you or your organisation may be interested, please contact the Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.